CA Bioassement Workgroup Meeting Novembe 16-17

NaepcA1
Site Admin

CA Bioassement Workgroup Meeting Novembe 16-17

Post by NaepcA1 »

This is the first announcement for the 2010 (Seventeenth Annual) California Aquatic Bioassessment Workgroup meeting being held on the UC Davis campus November 16 and 17. This e-mail is going out to people who have attended one of the past meetings and to those of you who attended one of my bioassessment workshops this year.

Last year we started the meeting with a workshop on the basics of bioassessment. This was done in response to your request for introductory information on the concepts of bioassessment and sampling techniques. This year we will have a workshop on the recent SWAMP report entitled “Ecological Condition Assessments of California’s Perennial Wadeable Streams (2000 through 2007)” This report was prepared by Pete Ode from the DFG Aquatic Bioassessment Laboratory and describes the novel use of probability surveys to assess the condition of streams draining agricultural, urban and forested landscapes.

There will be other topics covered at the meeting including the EPA’s national lakes survey, updates on bio objectives development, and a special session on incorporating bioassessment into Tribal water quality programs. For example, we will have a representative from the Umatilla Indian Reservation in Central Oregon talk about how cultural philosophies are incorporate into their water quality program.

Please contact me as soon as possible if you are interested in giving a platform or poster presentation. I will have other updates on the meeting and will send out a draft agenda and logistical information in early October. The attached flyer describes registration procedures for the meeting.

Please send this announcement to individuals or groups you think might be interested in attending.

Hope to see you there, jim

> James M. Harrington
> Staff Environmental Scientist
> DFG Water Pollution Control Laboratory
> 2005 Nimbus Road
> Rancho Cordova, Ca 95670
> (916) 358-2862 FAX (916) 985-4301
> jharring@ospr.dfg.ca.gov
> http://www.dfg.ca.gov/cabw/cabwhome.html
Attachments
2010CABWflyer_ Nov 16-17 2010.pdf
(52.06 KiB) Downloaded 431 times