ITEP-Water Diversion Strategies & Tribal Food Sovereignty

NaepcA1
Site Admin

ITEP-Water Diversion Strategies & Tribal Food Sovereignty

Post by NaepcA1 »

New ITEP Course: Waste Diversion Strategies and Tribal Food Sovereignty

We are pleased to announce a new training course ITEP is developing in cooperation with several tribes in Minnesota including the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe, Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community, Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe, and others. This course, “Waste Diversion Strategies and Tribal Food Sovereignty”, will be focused on tribal case studies, highlighting successful strategies for implementing and managing various waste diversion activities (such as recycling, composting, and others) and also explore the connections and opportunities for collaboration between waste management programs and growing and protecting traditional foods.

This new course will be taking place in Minneapolis September 27-29, 2016. Attached to this email you will find the application. If you are selected to participate in this course we will let you know as soon as possible so you can make your travel arrangements. All accepted participants will have their lodging costs covered by ITEP, but they will be responsible for their own transportation and per diem costs. We will be accepting up to 20 participants for this course, so the sooner you submit your application the better your chances of being selected.

If you are interested in being considered for this training next month, please submit your completed application to Todd Barnell at todd.barnell@nau.edu. While I will be away from the office for the next eight days coordinating the annual Tribal Lands and Environment Forum, I will keep my eye on my inbox for any incoming applications.

Kind regards,

---
Todd Barnell, Program Manager
Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals
Tribal Solid Waste Education and Assistance Program
Tribal Waste and Response Assistance Program
928-523-3840
todd.barnell@nau.edu

There is one thing that flows through all great art, and
that is a mind to follow nature, and return to nature.
- Matsuo Basho (1644-1694)
Attachments
App_Minneapolis_2016_WDFS.doc
(62 KiB) Downloaded 624 times