Important Funding Opportunity! The FY 2018 Hazardous Waste Management Grant Program for Tribes (EPA-OLEM-ORCR-18-01) has been posted on the OLEM Grants and Funding Page. To access the competitive announcement, please use the following link: https://www.epa.gov/grants/fy-2018-haza ... ram-tribes. In addition, the competitive announcement has been published on Grants.gov. You can view the announcement at: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view- ... pId=305314.
Applications due June 28, 2018
The Hazardous Waste Management Grant Program for Tribes provides financial assistance to tribal governments and tribal consortia for the development and implementation of hazardous waste programs; for building capacity to improve and maintain regulatory compliance; and for developing solutions to address improper management of hazardous waste on tribal lands.
• Develop and implement codes, regulations, ordinances, policies and/or guidance to regulate hazardous waste management activities and facilities such as generators, transporters, and treatment, storage and disposal facilities.
• Develop and implement tribal integrated hazardous waste management plans (including source reduction/recycling).
• Implement used oil collection and other programs to reduce the improper management of hazardous waste in the community. Used oil collection programs must be in accordance with Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) in Part 279.
• Implement household hazardous waste collection events and/or programs that provide sustainable or long-term solutions for disposal of household hazardous waste.
• Implement universal waste collection events and/or programs that provide sustainable or long-term solutions for disposal of universal waste for the community. Universal waste programs must be conducted in accordance with Title 40 of the CFR in Part 273.
Typical Award Amount: Awards are up to $99,000
1 post • Page 1 of 1