|NAEPC Bulletin Board
|Public Health and Chemical Exposures Agenda Released
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||NaepcA1 [ Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:35 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Public Health and Chemical Exposures Agenda Released|
Action Agenda Released!
We are pleased to announce the release of Addressing Public Health and Chemical Exposures: An Action Agenda. To read or download the Action Agenda, visit http://www.nationalconversation.us.
After months of work groups, Web dialogues, community conversations and public comment opportunities, the Action Agenda, authored by the National Conversation Leadership Council, includes clear, achievable recommendations to help government agencies and other organizations strengthen their efforts to protect the public from harmful chemical exposures. These recommendations are organized in the following seven chapters:
• Chapter 1: Protecting public health by preventing harmful chemical exposures;
• Chapter 2: Collecting and using information on chemicals and population health to enable effective public health protection;
• Chapter 3: Achieving a more complete scientific understanding of chemicals and their health effects;
• Chapter 4: Promoting health and wellness in vulnerable communities affected by environmental chemical exposures;
• Chapter 5: Strengthening the public's ability to participate effectively in environmental health decision making;
• Chapter 6: Strengthening the capacity of the public health sector and health provider workforce to address the needs of people exposed to harm from chemicals; and
• Chapter 7: Reducing harm from chemical emergencies through prevention, planning, and coordination.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to these recommendations. We look forward to your continued interest in these important issues as we consider ways to accomplish the goals outlined in the Action Agenda.
The National Conversation on Public Health and Chemical Exposures was a collaborative initiative supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry through which many organizations and individuals contributed to the Action Agenda.
RESOLVE, a non-profit consensus-building organization facilitated the National Conversation.
Please join the National Conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
If you have questions, e-mail email@example.com for answers.
-The National Conversation Team
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group