Tribal Transportation Workshop @ Rincon

NaepcA1
Site Admin

Tribal Transportation Workshop @ Rincon

Post by NaepcA1 »

Hi Alan,

I want to invite you to our upcoming Tribal Transportation Workshop that will be held at the Rincon reservation on April 5th, 2018.

One of the featured speakers will be Adam Larsen, Federal Highway Administration, who reviews applications for safety planning grant funds that federally recognized tribes can use to prepare or update transportation safety plans and/or implement certain roadway safety improvement projects. This might be an ideal opportunity to learn more about applying for an FHWA safety plan grant for the upcoming year. The Caltrans speakers will provide information about a few of their many transportation planning and funding programs and processes including the Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP). The speaker from Rolland & Associates will explain how tribal long-range transportation plans tie into funds available through the Tribal Transportation Improvement Program (TTIP), and NIJC will be introducing the online tribal crash data tool, and the crash data collection and active transportation assessment projects.

We’ll try to hold a similar workshop later this spring or summer that may be closer to the Central California area, but there is some uncertainty about the date and venue. It’s also possible that this one may actually be more convenient for you to attend. In any case, I thought I’d send this announcement your way in case you or other folks from the Big Pine Paiute Tribe of the Owens Valley would like to attend.

We hope to see you there.

If possible, we would greatly appreciate it if you could help us get the word out about the workshop by posting the flyer and/or forwarding the attached information to folks who may be interested.

If I can answer any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you very much,
Joan Harper

Joan Harper, AICP, Ph.D.
Tribal Transportation Planning Coordinator
National Indian Justice Center
5250 Aero Drive
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
(707) 579 5507
Attachments
4-5-18 Planning Workshop Agenda.pdf
(118.85 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
4-15-18 ttsp workshop flyer.pdf